2 months ago, I was hooked with a "50% off your first purchase" deal on Fabletics. As a stressed college student in the month of finals, I spontaneously signed up, and received a satisfying order.
The problem is, the next month, the Fabletics charged my credit card, while I was not notified at all. I put in a dispute in my bank, but they simply said it was authorized and said to report a 'stolen' card. This month, they charged my card again, and when I went into the site to figure what's going on, I was pissed that I couldn't sign off from membership online, or enter reviews, since I hadn't purchased anything recently.
Ironially, their Q&A on the Fabletics website didn't mention ANYTHING about automatic charges once you sign up, but said "Fabletics charge your credit card at the time your order actually ships." Again, I didn't order ANY purchase from this company after the first deal.
Also, when I tried to call the company, they were 'closed' after 9pm, and seeing that many other consumers had written similar complaints against Fabletics, I wanted to add in.
Other people have lost about $450, while I lost $100 so far. That is not a small sum, as a college student working during summer. I hope this fraudulent system gets fixed, and that consumers are well aware of this misguided practice.
Thank you for reading.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No authorization
You May Also Like
- "The corking, straps andleather insole are fine, but the hard rubber soles cracked, crumbled and peeled off. I emailed Birkenstock, but no one got back to me. Over the..."
- "I saw that scam regarding 50% off your first order only to be signed up for an approximately $50 per month "VIP" service. I planned on canceling it soon after..."
- " I ordered a dress as a test, (because I wanted to see what kind dress you could get for $13.81) on Aug 5th, because my girlfriend said that she..."
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- "I haven't owned a TV since 2005. Got tired of endless commercials. I have xfinity internet service at my apartment since July 2013, and the service is dismal. They..."
- "I ordered a Sweatshirt from TeeChip that was limited edition. It had my last name on it. I got the Sweatshirt and it had the wrong name on it...."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."