2 months ago, I was hooked with a "50% off your first purchase" deal on Fabletics. As a stressed college student in the month of finals, I spontaneously signed up, and received a satisfying order.
The problem is, the next month, the Fabletics charged my credit card, while I was not notified at all. I put in a dispute in my bank, but they simply said it was authorized and said to report a 'stolen' card. This month, they charged my card again, and when I went into the site to figure what's going on, I was pissed that I couldn't sign off from membership online, or enter reviews, since I hadn't purchased anything recently.
Ironially, their Q&A on the Fabletics website didn't mention ANYTHING about automatic charges once you sign up, but said "Fabletics charge your credit card at the time your order actually ships." Again, I didn't order ANY purchase from this company after the first deal.
Also, when I tried to call the company, they were 'closed' after 9pm, and seeing that many other consumers had written similar complaints against Fabletics, I wanted to add in.
Other people have lost about $450, while I lost $100 so far. That is not a small sum, as a college student working during summer. I hope this fraudulent system gets fixed, and that consumers are well aware of this misguided practice.
Thank you for reading.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No authorization
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I placed an order on November 6, 2014 for three items, the quality being extremely poor all three. However, what was gut-wrenching was that I purchased a dress which..."
- "DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM Modlily. They listed a sweatshirt on their website for $90 original price as being on sale for $15. I thought it looked really warm..."
- "I saw that scam regarding 50% off your first order only to be signed up for an approximately $50 per month "VIP" service. I planned on canceling it soon after..."
- "i have been a customer for years and my account was deleted with no explanation of why? i paid for and upgrade this week and the same day it went..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Purchased Sauder Tall display cabinet 419065. Looked lovely in the picture. Extremely cheaply made, all particle board with wood like finish. Back had trifold cardboard- like backing. To..."
- "On behalf of Accurate Engines I would like to state that it is never our intent to not take care of our customers. In addition we do indeed honor our..."
- " I worked for Vestal Builders as a subcontractor on three bathroom remodels earlier this summer (2011). After the third job, I told Matt I no longer wanted to work..."